The place to be for European rodbuilders

for international Customers and rodbuilders
alteclansing49
Team RodHouse

Re: The place to be for European rodbuilders

Message par alteclansing49 »

Dear Slaz,

You can use KT rings all the way as running guides...
Blanks montés : Batson 62L - 62MX x2 - 68MX - 68MXF - XP844 (IMMP70MH)x2 - IMB785 - (REVC68H) - REVS 54ULx3
MHX P842-2

Baptiste
Team RodHouse

Message par Baptiste »

Slaz a écrit :Great info, Baptiste!
I'm assuming the distance to be 30 +/- some few cm from the butt. When talking about rings, do you mounted 1 KBAG ring for strength using the KR concept or do you have the KTAG rings all the way as running guides?
Thus the distance will be higher than mine, the weigh of the reel will be also more important so you will may be well-balanced.
In fact, when we use vertical method we don't shoot but we want to bring down our jig head as quickly as possible.
During my last realization, I tried an assembly to have a better balance which permit to my bait to go down quickly. I kept a classical size for my first ring (a KL16 for a reel in size 1000) but I took a KL-L 5,5 for the second, in fact I saved a big size ring. And I put behind very little rings in size 4.
I can't confirm you that your jig head will go down as faster as in KR-concept because it should be measured but I didn't felt any trouble a the going down of my line.

http://www.rodhouse.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3764

Slaz

Message par Slaz »

alteclansing49 a écrit :Dear Slaz,

You can use KT rings all the way as running guides...
Tanks for the info! I know that there are recommendations to use added grip for the guides in the belly of the rod when you squeeze the energy that fast into small guides. There's going to be a lot of stress for the guides next behind the chocker but if you guys haven't had any problems in practice it should be fine.

Baptiste a écrit :
Slaz a écrit :Great info, Baptiste!
I'm assuming the distance to be 30 +/- some few cm from the butt. When talking about rings, do you mounted 1 KBAG ring for strength using the KR concept or do you have the KTAG rings all the way as running guides?
Thus the distance will be higher than mine, the weigh of the reel will be also more important so you will may be well-balanced.
In fact, when we use vertical method we don't shoot but we want to bring down our jig head as quickly as possible.
During my last realization, I tried an assembly to have a better balance which permit to my bait to go down quickly. I kept a classical size for my first ring (a KL16 for a reel in size 1000) but I took a KL-L 5,5 for the second, in fact I saved a big size ring. And I put behind very little rings in size 4.
I can't confirm you that your jig head will go down as faster as in KR-concept because it should be measured but I didn't felt any trouble a the going down of my line.

http://www.rodhouse.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3764
Really nice rod, Baptist! I like the minimalistic approach and to make it with a weight of just over 50 g are crazy. My last rod build where a CTS, 6 weight fly rod and it turned out just over 100 g. And then I tried to cut corners with a really lightweight reel seat, thin wired guides and sparsely use of epoxy finish. I would love it to reach the weight of your build. Great build!
And for the choice of guides it makes a lot of sense. If you just want a rod for vertical applications there's no need for the "casting" guides.I think you just need 1 small stripper guide and then running guides to the top. But your setup with two guides looks like a really good configuration. It would make the rod even more "electric" than before with the line closer to the blank, can you feel it?

Baptiste
Team RodHouse

Message par Baptiste »

Slaz a écrit :Really nice rod, Baptist! I like the minimalistic approach and to make it with a weight of just over 50 g are crazy. My last rod build where a CTS, 6 weight fly rod and it turned out just over 100 g. And then I tried to cut corners with a really lightweight reel seat, thin wired guides and sparsely use of epoxy finish. I would love it to reach the weight of your build. Great build!
And for the choice of guides it makes a lot of sense. If you just want a rod for vertical applications there's no need for the "casting" guides.I think you just need 1 small stripper guide and then running guides to the top. But your setup with two guides looks like a really good configuration. It would make the rod even more "electric" than before with the line closer to the blank, can you feel it?
Thank you Slaz,

I tried this assembly which seemed to have a little sense for this technique, it is also the advantage of Rodbuilding.
I have so far done just a quick test, I prefer to wait a bit before saying things and draw conclusions on this assembly and the difference with the same blank in KR concept. Indeed in France fishing is closed, the opening is in May and from this date I will go fishing with my 62MX and one of a friend (a more conventional assembly ) to see if there is a conclusion to be made or if is only a fuss.
The only conclusion at the moment is the balance that is really perfect and the weight is quite impressive ...

Slaz

Message par Slaz »

Baptiste a écrit :
Slaz a écrit :Really nice rod, Baptist! I like the minimalistic approach and to make it with a weight of just over 50 g are crazy. My last rod build where a CTS, 6 weight fly rod and it turned out just over 100 g. And then I tried to cut corners with a really lightweight reel seat, thin wired guides and sparsely use of epoxy finish. I would love it to reach the weight of your build. Great build!
Thank you Slaz,

I tried this assembly which seemed to have a little sense for this technique, it is also the advantage of Rodbuilding.
I have so far done just a quick test, I prefer to wait a bit before saying things and draw conclusions on this assembly and the difference with the same blank in KR concept. Indeed in France fishing is closed, the opening is in May and from this date I will go fishing with my 62MX and one of a friend (a more conventional assembly ) to see if there is a conclusion to be made or if is only a fuss.
The only conclusion at the moment is the balance that is really perfect and the weight is quite impressive ...
Your way of thinking makes a sensible approach to things, Babtist! Can't help notice the closed part in your comment. Are fishing forbidden in the winter and early spring where you come from or are there some kind of national thing?

Slaz

Message par Slaz »

Hi!
Sorry for the long delay, but I forgott to say tanks to everybody on the forum that gave me good advise when building some vertical rods. And tanks to Goulven for doing business and shipping the blanks to me. I promised to show some pictures of the finished rods and here you have them. They turn out alright and all of them are out of my hands by now and have new owners. But I have A couple of freinds that want a good bass rod for zander and pike fishing and often ask me if I could build them one. What's the deal nowdays, what kind of blanks do you guys like for casting and jigging in lakes ?
Tanks!
Anders
ImageImageImage

islou
Team RodHouse

Message par islou »

Hi Anders,
Thanks for the pictures and feedback ! Nice rods !
For your new project, could you describe more precisely what they need ? Kind of lures ? Weights ?

Slaz

Message par Slaz »

Hi Islou!
Tanks for your fast reply. Something flexible in terms of fishing situations. A rod that can handle jigs, swimbaits, crankbaits and somewhat surface lures like frog etc. Say aprox. 7 feet, 10-40 g casting weight. 0.30 mm mono/flouro line and 15-20 pound braid. Fast progressiv action. Your everyday rod that's not best on anything but good on everything kind of. Do I make any sense?

islou
Team RodHouse

Message par islou »

Alright ! In this case, the better choice you could do is to build the NFC SJ 706-1 IM !
Even if it's a little too powerful for zanders fishing you can use it in all situation you told. Fast and progressive action. Really versatil. It's my favorite blank in the range 10-40g lures and it's the rod that I always bring with me when i can have only one.

However if your friends use more often lures in 10-25g range then consider the NFC SJ705-1 IM. Same spirit but a little lighter. You could cast up to 35g without any problems with it and up to 40g with care. In the other hand, the 705 will be better for 10g lures than the 706.

:)

Check it out here : http://www.rodhouse.fr/fr/blanks-de-6-1 ... &results=8 and http://www.rodhouse.fr/fr/blanks-de-6-1 ... &results=8

Slaz

Message par Slaz »

Tanks for the two alternitives!
And I havn't any doubt that rods designed by Mr Loomis are great. He made the long way understanding how a fishing rod works. But it comes with a thorne, that blank is expensive. Had it been for myself, not a problem but when you want to cash your build in the 2500 euro range people tend to not take your calls or make excuses that their car broke down and they have to wait a mounth or two. Are there anything more economical alternative out there?

Répondre